Sunday, March 8, 2009

deep breathing

(picture by our friend Travis)

i sometimes dislike hearing about how busy people are because we're all busy, right? but here i am about to say, whew things have been busy round here! so i won't, cause that would be annoying of me. i'll just tell you how much i've missed you my dear little corner of the internet.

i've had to remind myself to breathe deeply and to not be afraid of heading directly toward the wind. life has been hurling itself toward me, ever changing and gaining momentum. overall, the ride has been enjoyable but there are always the dips and the parts that just plain suck.

i found myself wondering on how exactly i can get back to that fantastic space i was in a few weeks ago. how did i loose it so quickly and how do i make sure that i never loose it again? i suppose that is just the very nature of evolution and growth, the minute you think you have it all figured out the earth starts shifting beneath your feet once more. today i told a friend that is going through a difficult time right now to try saying a mantra of what she wants for herself over and over again in order to really stay focused. i think that i should take my own advice.

my mantra du jour:
breathe deep


2 comments:

Melissia said...

I have been doing some work with a mentor and honestly we might as well call it therapy. I told her something felt different about the place I was in right now. I told her I did not feel like I was holding on to the "good" moments by my fingernails and that was making all the difference for me. She said something really great that I try to remember the gist of which is "we cannot in every moment by in the pinnacle experience."

emily said...

Hey Aubs. Ran into your hubby at the Gap Kids Outlet! He is so nice. He told me about your new job and how you are really enjoying it. That is awesome. And congrats on the new pad. So exciting!! Hope you are great!