Wednesday, September 5, 2007

finding comfort

I am in a foreign state of being right now. A place in my consciousness that I haven't made it to till now. It is causing me to seek familiar, comfortable people and objects.

The chiseled features of my husband's face.
The soft, delicate curls on my babies' heads.
A long, warm bath.
A piping cup of tea.
My very well worn, incredibly soft t-shirts.
The beauty and light of the moon.
Quiet.

My world feels like a tornado, but I do find some tranquility in clutching on to these beloved things with all my might. It gives me a sense of peace.
It gives me the truth that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
It's not always gonna feel this bad, this raw.
I will always be able to find comfort.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I tried to comment this morning - but I kept getting stuck.

One of the most wonderful feelings for me, is the relief I feel when the world has let me down, and I bury my nose in my husband's chest. I melt into that safe place, where this strong being that I have complete faith in - gladly stands between me and the world.
The rest is the same- my face against the top of the babes' heads, deeply inhaling, lying with my face agains the ground, and being tucked in and surrounded by my loves.
This is the greatest thing about adversary, for me.

Aubrey said...

I breathed a sigh of relief reading your words.
Enlighted words from a dear friend, that's comfort.