Thursday, February 7, 2008

focusing inward


I have been feeling swirly and up in the clouds lately. I have been making some much-needed and long overdue connections and understandings within myself. Understanding a portion of my inner mysteries is exhilarating and freeing, but hard work. I feel that I have been focusing inward with great focus and when coming out of my head and trying to form coherent thoughts on the subject, or any subject for that matter, is like trying to walk through a lake of thick, syrupy caramel. (mmmm caramel....)

I have been reading Eat Pray Love the past week and it is mighty delicious and a perfect book for me to be reading at this minute of my life. Don't you just love synchronicity? I have been blown away by so much of the book and given the chance I would probably retell the whole book here so I urge you to go read it yourself. Here is an excerpt that I read recently that hit me hard:

"Your ego's job isn't to serve you. Its only job is to keep itself in power. And right now, your ego's scared to death cuz it's about to get downsized. You keep up this spiritual path, baby, and that bad boy's days are numbered. Pretty soon your ego will be out of work, and your heart'll be making the decisions. So your ego's fighting for its life, playing with your mind, trying to assert its authority, trying to keep you cornered off in a holding pen away from the rest of the universe. Don't listen to it."

1 comment:

K.C. and Sally said...

Aubs! We miss you and your curly hair! Add us to your links! -K.C.