Friday, February 1, 2008

unintended absence

I have been almost a week of being internet free (thanks to Xavi and a little "accident") and it's been sooo nice and rather productive. It's was amazing how much I could get done without the world wide web always hollerin' out to get on over here and look at something already. I mean, I'm sure you totally relate to the "quick search" for the address of the closest UPS store that turn into 97 minute Flick'r binge??
You don't??
Must just be me then.

Moving on....

So, I'm back. It's feels like it's been forever, and in a way it has. I've had some huge mental shifts that have so freeing and joyful and lovely (with all this internet free time I have to do something...) I have also found a new passion that brings me much giddiness, found another long lost passion that I have been sorely missing, played in the snow, made some delicious scones, been going crazy over yerba mate, bounced and skated like hooligans at our favorite roller rink, went on a super-fun early 5 year anniversary date, and tried a martini for the first time, but not the last time.

It's been a incredible week.
I will have to have more unintended absences more often.
There is really a lot of living to be had out there.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Glad to see you up and running again:)

I've also been having some major computer problems and am wondering how long it will be until this computer conks out for good. Everyday something else crashes and now I can't even use my scanner (to scan 5 rolls of b/w film I just got back from the developer), as the program shuts down as quickly as it opens:( I swear it's a love/hate relationship at it's finest!

rupestur said...

haha, I can totally relate to the "quick search". I think we need to have a little accident around here too-- I'm unstoppable. Always something to learn about.

Heather said...

Just stopping by to say I really enjoy your blog and I'm adding you to my very tiny little blog roll.

Aubrey said...

rupestur-
so glad to have someone that understands the call of the wild web.

swissarmywife-
i am honored to be on your blog roll. i'll get over to your blog soon to check it out.