Tuesday, January 6, 2009

around the corner


pictures of the past are flashing on the screen in front of me and tears well up in my eyes. chubby cheeks, milky smiles, first steps, beach vacations. those pictures make me wonder, have i cherished them enough?

something new is stirring and change is inevitable. the thought of doing something other than being with my kids all day causes a frog in my throat and pit in my stomach. i know this is the right thing to do, but still.

still, i will miss the moments that i am not there.
still, i will hope that they don't think i'm trying to get away from them.
still, i will pray that they know how completely my heart is wrapped around theirs.

around the corner the change train is pulling up to the station.
the question remains, am i strong enough to make the leap?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

love love love that picture of Xavi.

Jan said...

You're strong enough and so are they. Remember, the only constant is change. Embrace it!