Thursday, June 26, 2008

open a window

three weeks and three interviews later we find out that chris did not get the job that we were so, so hoping that he would be offered. it seemed like the most perfect fit a job could get for my sweet hubby, and after he told me i almost cried. later that day i was near tears once more and about to send out invitations to my blast of a pity party when i, well, stopped. i thought long and hard about past so-called regrets and so-called missed opportunities and realized if those things had actually come to fruition like i had wanted them to, i wouldn't be standing where i am right now. on the corner of positively marvelous and just do it already.

so, we are thinking of making a big leap. taking a big chance. changing our lives.
and it's thrilling.

i am wanting to go to a small college nearby and get my bachelors in their fabulous liberal arts program. just think- painting, and photography, and dancing. oh, my! chris wants to finally get a bachelors in business management that he would probably take online, on top of a full time job. we would most likely have to enroll the kids in a sweet charter school, which is not so sweet to try to pay for. i would need to get a part time job as well. and the coordination to make all this happen on a continual basis is making my head spin.

is it just me or does that sound exhausting? and very, very expensive. anyone want to give us loads of cash and scholarships? or maybe, just maybe, we can convince the grandparents down south to live nearby and have lots of grandparent sleepover extravaganzas.
no pressure.

i think we are crazy to even consider it.
and even crazier not to.

2 comments:

RedsWritingHood.com said...

Not crazy, but, is it really what you desire, your heart? or is it getting caught up in the thrill of newness. Be sure before you take too many leaps. Take one step at a time, I have learned the hard way, and been through many of the things you are talking about.

Also, please consider that charter school=still school. My children lost their spirits while in charter schools.I am very glad to have my kids home and whole again.

Amor Mucho Galactico~
Red

Stephanie Ozenne said...

Wow! That does sound exciting, and very very change-y (and exhausting, too). I think you're on the right track - to throw every possibility onto the table, examine everything.

But you that doesn't mean you have to *change everything* (at least not all at once). Baby steps might be a good idea - take a class or two without committing to an entire degree program, for example.

I can feel from reading the blog that you need something, some kind of change. I'm confident that you'll find a path that works for all four of you (and the doggies, too!). :)