Tuesday, July 15, 2008

rant much?

i feel like a ketchup packet that has been squeezed dry and left in the road for car after car to run over.

today has been a decompression day after a loooooooong and emotionally difficult weekend. i'm in no mood for particulars, or on second thought maybe that's exactly what i need. a good ol' vent session. lucky you.
perhaps a list??

-the kids have been sick as dogs. first xavi, now soleil. sleeping next to them in bed felt like snuggling up to a radiator. i kept having dreams of the sahara desert. so. hot.

-grandma came and it didn't tun out at all how i was envisioning. i have a problem romanticizing the future and being gravely disappointed when the present isn't so rosy. enough said.

-day two of grandma being here we get served an eviction notice. pay rent now or move out in three days. it came as a total shock as we had kept our landlord up to date on our situation and she led us to believe she would work with us. thanks to very gracious family members we didn't have to pack up and move to god knows where. thank you from the bottom of our very grateful hearts.

-after we were able to pay our landlord her money, much to her dismay, she came to do yard work because in her words, the yard looked just terrible. i did the best i could with a push mower and clippers. i have seriously been out clipping the edges on my hands and knees because she hasn't provided us with an edger. anyway, she pulled out all the flowers and herbs in the front beds because she said they were weeds. crazy woman.

- in order to pay our bills chris took a job as a pizza delivery man. this is a good thing cause he's been rockin' the tips. the bad news is that it's a pizza place that never closes and has no delivery boundaries, so, he gets home when the sun is rising and drives to places 40 miles away multiple times a night. our brakes our sounding so squeaky and i get no sleep when he's not home at night. it felt like the twilight zone.

-this probably doesn't need to be said, but it bugged me nonetheless. i quit my volunteer yoga position cause they were ass hats. i got a nasty email after i let them know a day in advance that i wasn't going to make it to my weekly 3 hour shift because, come on, i had a lot on my plate. it irritated me that one thinks that they can send a mean spirited email and end it by saying namaste and poof! they are some enlightened individual.
kiss my ass.

namaste.

4 comments:

Earthetarian said...

uugh. I don't know what else to say, but wanted to let you know I'm reading.

Aubrey said...

stephanie,

it is good to know that you are reading.

how is your sweet little babe?

xoxo,
aubrey

Stephanie Ozenne said...

I'm sorry things are so rough.

I hear you on the "romanticizing the future" thing. For Emmett's birth (planned at a birth center, no drugs), I *almost* invited my mom. I really wanted her to be the sort of mom who would be great at a birth. I imagined that she could be! I wanted to be surrounded by female relatives, you know?

My sweet husband gently reminded me that my mom is an anxious worrier by nature, and might not be the best birth attendant. And my sister, who is a rock, was awesome to have around.

RedsWritingHood.com said...

Yep, the holier than though yoga nazi!

This is why I do not partake in may things that would be up my alley.

"The crunchies, The granola types"

The I am better than you attitude-

"Yoga Yuppies"

Natural, Yoga doin', Raw Food eatin', Cell phone talkin', Hummer drivin', PTA, Meditating, Negotiating, Contract making, Day Carin' ---
Sons of Bitches

Namaste' Friend
xoxo
Red