Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bright, Sunshiny Day



What a great day! You know those days that you check a bunch off your mental to do list? That was my day today. I love, love, love those types of days!

We all woke up in good moods (Chris got to sleep late today, lucky dad.) We ate yummy waffles for breakfast with strawberries we got yesterday at the Farmers Market, delicious! I actually washed the bed sheets today AND took the wool mattress topper outside to get some fresh air and sunshine (something that's supposed to be done regularly and I sheepishly admit it's the first time...)

Chris went of to the Children's Museum with the kids and I walked with my good friend Julie to the Tea Grotto. Can you believe we got cat-called on the way by a car full of boys?? That hasn't happened in awhile. We indulged in superb green tea and conversation. I got time afterwards to eat lunch and start this blog before everyone got home. It is strange to be home all by myself. It's like I run around in circles and can't decide what to do first with my "me time".


Everyone had fun at the museum, and zonked out on the way home. Except Chris, of course, he was driving. While they were at the Gateway they also ran through the big water fountain and Chris and Xavi had to go through some negotiations regarding which articles of clothing were OK to take off. I imagine the converation went something like this:

"Dad, can I take off my pants and shoes but keep my shirt?"




"How about the other way around? You can take off your shirt, but keep the pants and shoes on. This is a public place so we really need to keep our pants on."

Xavier was cool with the agreement and had fun getting soaked. What a fun dad they have. He's a goofy guy that's so fun to be around. Xavi and Soleil adore him.


To finish off the day we actually planted plants in our garden!! Woohoo! I have wanted to get my garden going since March and haven't had enough time to get out there. We have a terrific garden area but unfortunately it's in the front yard with no fence. It's not easy to round up Soleil and get any real gardening done. And then there's the "clothing is a must in the front yard" policy. It's not adhered to so well as Soleil was out helping with only her pink rubber cat boot and a shovel. Too funny.


Well, it's late. Should say goodnight for now. Here's to bright, sunshiny days.

Goodnight.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Indeed!
Love those bright,
bright,
bright
Sunshiney Days!

Glad you're up!
Steph

Stephanie said...

Hey!
lol
I see you fixed it!
xxoo