Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hey! I've Been Tagged!

So, Steph from my Hooligan Mama's group tagged me to share 8 things about myself that those reading may not have been aware of. But first, the rules:



Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.



Here goes,



1. I was named after the Bread song, "Aubrey." My dad was an amateur singer/songwriter and it was one of his favorites. My middle name, Eshele, came about while my mom was watching an old Indian movie on TV while pregnant. One of the characters names' was Eshele and my mom liked it. I have to say that I do too. :)



2. I am a self-declared foodie. I love anything to do with food be it cooking, eating out, religiously reading restaurant reviews in the newspaper, pouring over cook books time and time again, or shopping for food. And of course the eating part I love too! When I was very young the predominant theme to my diary was what I ate that day. I have always thought that being a restaurant critic would be a dream job, and am currently fantasizing about opening a vegan bakery called Eat Cake.



3. I have been a dancer since I was 3. Well, I suppose you really couldn't call me dancer right now as I haven't taken a formal class since before I had children, but nevertheless it's been a defining factor in my life. I have done most types of dancing (tap, lyrical, ballet) but my favorite is modern. I love expressing myself through choreography and have found that showing my emotion and soul through movement is very healing. There is just something very grounding about dancing without rules of how your body should look, just moving in a way that feels right to you, all the while connecting to the ground with your bare feet. I would love to go back to college to major in modern dance. I would love to get on the stage again and choreograph wild and wonderful pieces.



4. I hate to even write this. I have a shameful habit of reading the MSN hot gossip page and occasionally will buy People magazine or something similar at the store. I know, I know, I just can't help myself. So yes, I know what's happening with Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. Yikes! I guess it's just curiosity and fascination with the way other's live their lives. I have often wondered what my life would be like if I was in the public spotlight like that. Would I handle the constant scrutiny and be a champion for my causes, or crash and burn?



5. I had both my sweet babies at home. Both of my labors were lightning fast at 3 hours. But they were still hard work! Xavier was a water baby born in a birth tub in my living room. Soleil was born in the bathtub, but not in the water. She was caught by her daddy. :) Giving birth to my babes were the most empowering, awe inspiring moments of my life. I hope I always have an intact memory so that I can replay those moments time and time again.



6. My favorite activity is to drive really slowly through the Avenues and Sugarhouse neighborhoods and marvel at the stunning architecture. I would love the opportunity to go
inside all these houses and hear the tales they could tell. Perhaps this is in part what is fueling my desire to go to real estate school and get my license. That way I would have an excuse to tour houses to my hearts content.



7. I am terrified of all things scary, and not in a good way. As a child (and probably now) I couldn't read Nancy Drew books because I would have nightmares. I was pressured as a teenager to watch "Scream" and couldn't go to the bathroom by myself for a week. Last year we went to a neighborhood Halloween party that included a haunted house put on by the elementary school. My son, barely 3 at the time, wanted to go in 4 times. I was freaked out just going in once. Now this is ironic considering our house may be used in the filming of a scary movie. (An aside note: everyone PLEASE put out positive thoughts to the universe for us that we get it. This is one scary experience I would very much like to have :)



8. I have a short attention span and a restless personality. I've never lived anywhere longer than 5 years and in the past 8 years I have moved on average every 6 months. I've been to massage therapy school, vet tech school, travel agent school, SUU to be a special ed teacher, and almost went to midwifery school. I have a million things I would love to do (open a bakery, be a modern dancer, and become a real estate developer for instance) but have a hard time sitting still long enough to actually really finish one. I seem to run in circles and exhaust myself before I can even get started. Perhaps I am a dreamer, but I do think that I have the most delicious dreams and that might be all I need to be fulfilled.



Whew, I'm done. I sure must like to talk about myself. But, hey, who doesn't? I'm supposed to tag someone, but I don't know of any friends with blogs that haven't been tagged already. So, if I do discover that I have a blogging friend that is tag-less, you just better watch out! HAHAHA
(my evil laugh)

No comments: