Thursday, January 3, 2008

the glass is half full

I love my kids and their takes on life.

For example, today, sunny girl was reaching into the candy jar to help herself to a nutritious and filling lunch of left over candy canes when Xavi caught wind of the situation and promptly followed suit.

Except, gasp, there was only a part of a candy cane left.

Was there a candy cane throwing, screaming -while-kicking-the-cabinets -melt-down, you ask??

Nope.

He just shrugs, rips it open and says:

Ah well, half a candy cane is better than nothin'.

Your right there little son, oh so right.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

that. is. awesome.
we should all have that kind of perspective! hee hee

Aubrey said...

amy,
I totally agree! I was quite taken back (which I really shouldn't have) with his wisdom.

That's my little buddah boy.

Aubrey