Thursday, January 3, 2008

remember me?

I suppose I gave myself a nice, looong holiday break. I know you have all been impatiently waiting for my darling pictures of my kiddos unwrapping their gifts with glee, but quite frankly I'm a tad over it.

You see, all of my decorations, tree and all, where down at approximately 11:00 am on December 26th and not a speck of tinsel or wrapping could be found.
You know, like the Grinch.
I really love the holidays. The magic and excitement are, well, magical and exciting-but it can also be much too overwhelming for yours truly. So, I dare say I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the clock hit midnight on Christmas. Yippee! No more craft marathons till 2 in the morning!
Oh, but please take heart: I really, truly looove making crafts. I just won't be doing any for a month's time. To recuperate.

So what exactly have I been doing with these nice big chunks of craft-free time?

Well, glad you asked.

I have been laughing my behind off here: List of the Day. Seriously, I wet my unmentionables I was laughing so hard. (Let's keep that between us, shall we?) Don't blame me if you don't think it's funny. It just means you don't have my peculiar sense o' humor.

I have been literally sucked into this blog here. The Pioneer Woman just tickles my funny bone. She is highly amusing and her pictures are stunning. If you get 12.3 hours to read her story
Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, I highly recommend you do just that. Seriously it will take you 12.3 hours to read it in it's entirety, so just forget about the mounting dish pile and dirty laundry heap. That's what I did and I ain't sorry.

I also have been reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I was not so impressed the first 50 pages or so, but I am slowly starting to warm up to the story. Why don't you read it so we can chat about it later, huh?

Craigslist has also become a major part of my life at the moment as we are desperately seeking a new abode. Gee, you would think instead of busying myself up with goofy websites and sappy love stories I would, like, you know, pack some boxes.

Well, that's a good idea and all, but it's just not real,um, fun.

So, I'll just stay in my bubble of denial that we should be moving in a week and keep on laughing till I pee.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Me too! I had my tree outside at the curb before noon!
Eric got home and was like "Oh, I'm... surprised.... about the Christmas stuff. Seems kinda harsh."
"Sorry, Babe," I said, "I felt the need to clean and it was in my way!"
:)

Aubrey said...

I don't know what came over me this year, I just needed all of it out of my field of vision in order to move on to the next phase.

I don't think it's harsh at all.

Aubrey