Monday, April 28, 2008

love list

{picture taken by xavier}


my reality has been very on the edge this past week. everything feels urgent, panicked, and rushed. i feel like a stranger in my own body. my thought patterns different then i have ever experienced. it has been difficult to see the silver lining, to find the beautiful. so, how 'bout i attempt a list of funny, fabulous, things that have a way of brightening life on the edges?

-i must be soooo behind the times. i only recently got introduced to flight of the conchords and even though it took much too long, i am relieved that i finally got to witness some seriously witty television. chris and i watched the whole first season in a few days and i'll have to admit there was much laughter to be had.

-another entire season of television was watched this past week, but this time i watched solo. oprah's big give was so inspiring, moving, just a plain happy show to watch. while watching i was wanting to jump out of my chair running down the streets of my neighborhood to see who i could help. you can watch all the episodes too on abc's website. now, give big!!

-music. if you look in the cd player in my car the one and only cd would be local crooners, band of annuals. the harmony, the lyrics, the urge to be in a smoky cowboy bar dancing with my sweetie.
all of it is good. check them out here.

-my friend steph's newly designed site backyard capers. to see her take an idea and just jump in head first is so motivating. i think it'll be such a resource for local parents and kids wanting to find fun things to do in the community. so awesome.

-the on again off again dream of living in an intentional community. no, most are not cults chris. most are just hardworking people trying to be in a community of like-minded folks. who can blame them?

-my birthday is coming! seriously, i love my birthday. i love the day of birthday, and i love pinatas and margaritas and cake. who can blame me?



No comments: