Tuesday, March 25, 2008

get your spring on

hi there. it's been awhile.

here's a few things that i LOVED about this past weekend, just for you.

-this band rocks my world. oh, my how i enjoyed driving solo with the stereo pumping the tunes while playing the mini drums on my steering wheel. i think i will have my people contact their people and find me a spot in the band. surely i could play the maracas or something.



-sunny girl's yellow and white polka dot easter dress. too cute. even cuter when she kept bumping into the fridge cause she was a little dizzy from twirling in her new garb.



- very late night chats about everything.

-seeing a robin and butterfly in my backyard within 5 seconds of eachother. the first of the season.

-pizza that is divine. also divine is watching the punk rockers in the kitchen spinning huge disks of dough over their heads.

-playing full contact yahtzee with the family while laughing my behind off. then, laughing 'till i peed my pants after spraying crumbs all over myself while announcing that, "boys drool." cause they do.

-this video. i watched it four times. so profound. more on this in a later post.

-buds on the trees.

-easter egg hunts at the park with friends.


-having my cheeks ache from smiling so hard while watching xavi wedged between his beloved grandparents as he earnestly told them tale after imaginative tale.

-walking to easter brunch at the neighborhood diner. so yummy.

-talking with a dear friend (thank you) about matters that were weighing me down and feeling lighter after doing so.


-scandalous sea monkeys that are mating after only being alive for six weeks. is that even legal? i totally can't stop staring.



-vegan lemon pudding cake.


-bright pink yoga pants from steve and barry's.


-boing! setting up the tramp. boing!


-it's finally spring and i think that's fantastical. don't you?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love this post.
I've been wanting to do a "things that make me so happy" post, but haven't yet.
SOrta tricky, when the damned camera refuses to cooperate.
But maybe I'll take notes today, then when I can get it working, take pics of all of them!
Thanks for this post.
The joyfulness in it makes me feel light and happy!
xxoo

Julie said...

It's definitely "fantastical"! Love the easter dress:) and I'm interested in seeing the sea monkey's, have always wondered what they look like. We'll have to have a "pet" show and tell sometime (yes we did get the roaches!).