Monday, August 20, 2007

housal abuse

I have cried myself to sleep every night since Friday. Tears pooling in my ears. Silent sobbing, gasping for air sobbing, head is going to explode sobbing. I've done it all.

You see, I am in a very abusive relationship with my house. Even though it has beaten me up over and over, kicked me where it counts, I love it so. I keep going back for another round of heartbreak. I think of the good times we've had and want to hang on to the memories. I think, maybe it will be different the next time around. I thought I had set the record straight. I thought if I just kept positive thoughts in my mind at all times it could only get better. I thought if I just told my house to love me back, it would. I thought wrong.

So, goodbye dear house. We cannot be together anymore. I loved the way I was with you. I felt so special basking in your radiance. I couldn't get enough of your lavender bushes by the front door, or your giant poplar tree. I felt spiritual watering the garden gazing up at the moon every evening. Your lilacs in the spring were something to behold, and your soil, well let's just say I may sneak a little when I leave. And that is just your outsides, my dear. Your insides are equally as spectacular.

I really wanted things to work out between us. I will miss you so bad it will hurt, but it would hurt me even more to stay. I will make this promise to you before I go. I will make sure that whomever gets the privilege of living with you will love you like I did. It's the least that I could do. For even though you broke my heart, I can't imagine my life without you in it. Lucky thing that no one can ever take away my memories. Those are truly priceless.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Now where are you going?

Aubrey said...

Right now we are trying to find a rental. It has been very discouraging as everything is so expensive for crappy places. We are staying in Salt Lake though, it is our home.

Kelli said...

Why are you moving out of this house? It looks so cute...and that grass is so GREEN! :)

Aubrey said...

We can't make the payments and need to sell before it gets foreclosed on.
Obviously the picture was before we no-watering hooligans moved in.
It is very cute.

Kelli said...

Bummer! I hate mortgage payments. They stress me out. We bought our condo thinking we could make a killing on the equity like everyone else in the Vegas valley...but not so. Timing was bad, and now we will be lucky to break even. Arggg!

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry, Aubrey.
I know how much you love your house.
It seems every bit as imperative as the other pieces of your life.
(deep, hurtful sigh)
I don't know what to say.

I DO know that it's hard to imagine the beauties before us when we're in misery.

Here's hoping that life's wondrous and mysterious treasures show themselves to you, without delay!
With much love, Steph

Aubrey said...

Mortgages are bittersweet for me. I love owning my own little piece of the world, but the responsibilty can be overwhelming.

Unfortunatley, I am in the company of many. I read today that 1 in every 685 Americans are facing foreclosure. This is so sad.

Thankfully we do have second (and third and fourth) chances. I loved your message of renewal Steph.
There will always be beauty around the corner if we just allow ourselves to see it.

Aubrey said...

I meant unfortunately. oops. :)