Monday, October 15, 2007

we're back

With only the best intentions, I had put the camera with freshly charged batteries and a swiped clean memory card right next to the stuff we had packed to take to the cabin (how much stuff do you think we took for a less-than-24 hour-trip?) When I went to find the camera during a picture perfect moment, it was no where to be found. All weekend we lamented the left behind camera.

Oh, I wish I had the camera.....

That would have been such a great picture......

It is so beautiful, if only I had brought the camera to capture the beauty....

Fast forward to the end of the trip. We are unpacking all the bags and bags of who knows what. I am wondering how a one day trip could require so much stuff. Xavier is unpacking his new Spiderman rolling suitcase. He had packed it 3 days before the trip with what I was assuming was an odd assortment of toys. He usually can't go anywhere without a backpack full of odds and ends. These bags o' fun are usually forgotten about by the time we leave, and then I end up being the one having to put away all these little unmatched treasures. We never pulled his suitcase out of the car because we both shuttered at the idea of tiny toys all over the cabin that would then need retrieving, and since it didn't have anything he would actually need, like clothing, we let it stay in the car.

So, imagine our surprise when he started pulling out some of his last minute additions to his suitcase. Namely, a glass glass, a can of Rootbeer, and the camera!

It was with us all along. Figures.

You will just have to imagine all the too-cute kiddo moments, or the breathtaking mountain views dancing with vivid yellow leaves of the Aspen trees.

Xavier loved riding the four wheelers, crying when it was time to get leave.
Soleil delighted in the deer sightings, six in all.
Chris liked he chance to play Super Mario 3 on the Nintendo.
I liked the peaceful still of the mountains.

It was good to get a breath of fresh mountain air.
Although we didn't capture it digitally, we all took mental photos.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How lovely for you!
I am envious!
Though I'm not sure what I would have done without my camera!
Prob'ly made my loves miserable for my whining...

Welcome home!