Sunday, October 21, 2007

what we ate

Since delicious food is great and wonderful and leaves everyone doing the happy tummy dance, I thought I would share some of the things that we ate this week that left our tummies jumping for joy.

If anyone is interested in the recipes I would be happy to pass them on.


Oh my, the picture makes my mouth water at the memories.
The Honey Glazed Tofu over Pumpkin Seed Couscous was so fun to make.
Something about cooking with honey, when it gets all bubbly and syrupy, is just
delightful. Especially when you are bathing tofu in the syrup.
Anyway, yum.
This recipe is from this month's issue of Vegetarian Times.

This was Soleil's food photo shoot.
After seeing me taking pictures of dinner she wanted her turn to do the same.

Two Soleil girl thumbs up!!
Pumpkin Muffins from Vegan with a Vengeance.
I dare you to try anything from Isa's book and not like it.
It's simply impossible.
I also double-dog dare you to go buy her book right NOW.

The Harvest Vegetable Medley (fun name, huh?) was loaded with vegetables that took me over an hour to cut. I loved using purple fingerling potatoes, they are so pretty and made this dinner very colorful. I made this for Chris and my sorta anniversary and everyone loved it. It is from Vegetarian Times as well.

So when you have a casserole dish full of leftover roasted vegis, what do you do? Make pot pie of course! This has fluffy sage biscuits on top. My own creation.

Pumpkin Waffles with hot apple compote. The waffle recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance, the apples I made up. (Not like sauteing apples in a pan is hard, but I'll take the credit.) Yes, I am on a pumpkin kick right now.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Wow Aubrey you are quite the cook! You should open a resturant :) Everything looks so yummy!

Aubrey said...

Thanks Teri!
I would love to open a restaurant, along with a milliona and one other things!